The Benefits Of Vitamin B1. Take Control Of Your Health Today
Take Control Of Your Health Today
Before looking at the benefits of Vitamin B1 it is important to understand what Vitamin B1 is and
where it comes from.
Vitamin B1 otherwise known as thiamine is available from both natural and synthetic sources. Some of these natural sources include baked potatoes, orange juice, raisins, beef kidneys, flour, whole grain, beans, peanuts, and rice.
The benefits of vitamin B1 include keeping the bodies mucous membranes healthy, maintaining normal function of the nervous system, heart, and muscles.
Vitamin B1 is a member of the B-complex vitamin family and it is today known as thiamin or thiamine.
Vitamin B1 is not only the first of the B vitamins discovered but is also one of the first substances to be identified as a vitamin. As with other B vitamins, vitamin B1 should be consumed on a daily basis as it is not stored by the body.
Key benefits of vitamin B1
- Brain Function: Vitamin B1 is called a "morale vitamin" due to its positive effect on nervous system and a healthy mental attitude. In general, B vitamins are necessary for proper brain function, and thiamin is not an exception. Vitamin B1 also acts as a neurotransmitter known as acetylcholine. This is a chemical messenger used in memory and learning, although its levels are found to be lower in those suffering from Alzheimer's disease.
- Aids digestion: Thiamin also helps to produce hydrochloric acid in the stomach, which is essential for proper digestion of food.
- Vitamin B1 is a neccessary component in the conversion of carbohydrates into energy. Without enough vitamin B1, the body can not transform this sugar into usable energy.
Possible Medical Uses For Vitamin B1
- Vitamin B1 can help to replace the deficiency caused by alcoholism, cirrhosis, over active thyroid, and absorption diseases. A thiamin supplement is a common treatment among alcoholics and has been proven to have positive clinical effects.
- Studies have shown that the benefits of vitamin B1 can also be used to treat congestive heart failure. This is where the heart fails to pump the enough blood. A high dosage thiamin supplement (80- 240 mg) showed a 22% increase in blood flow and a better survival rate among patients.
Other Benefits of Vitamin B1
- Helps to combat airsickness and seasickness
- Helps the bodies production of red blood cells
- Acts as an antioxidant, protecting the body from free radical damage
Maximizing the Benefits of Vitamin B1
In order to maximize the benefits of vitamin B1 it is advisable to incorporate this vitamin into your everyday diet and to take it with other B vitamins such as vitamin B2 and B6 as part of a complete formula. Vitamin B1 and B6 become more effective when they are given the chance to work synergistically together.
A comprehensive formula by Xtend-Life products that I would not hesitate to recommend is Total Balance. If you are searching for a good nutritional formula, Total Balance offers exceptional quality. Compare the value and quality of the products you are taking or searching for with Total Balance and you will see they really are worth paying for.